Thursday, January 21, 2010

Live a life of AUTHENTICITY

I belong to a fantastic board where a small group of us women can hang out daily and be exactly who we are...I have been a member here for almost 3 years and have never regretted joining,I have made life time friendships with some fantastic women with all sorts of different ideas and opinions.
We all come from different backgrounds and walks of faith but the one thing that ties us all together is the desire of true friendship without the drama.
Before I begin todays blog I invite you to join this little world on the net that many of us have nicknamed 'home' http://friendsblessings.b1.jcink.com/ I promise that you too will not regret becoming a member!(the link to the board u can find near followers at the bottom right of my blog :D...)

This morning one of the ladies posted a thread with quotes ... one of them struck out at me,grabbed me by the shirt and said this is it!This is todays blog entry! So in advance to whatever comes of what im about to write I say thank you JEAN for takin the time to post these awesome quotes!
The first one that caught my attention is quite simple 'insist on yourself,never imitate' when I start to unravel in that brain of mine what this atually means or implies I soon realize it all comes back to being exactly who we are without shame and standing proud in the shoes we wear as women,mothers,wives and friends.
Its about accepting ourselves as we are including our faults,its about not hiding or pretending to be someone we are not for the sake of others.
Ultimatley its about not losing our identity to gain the acceptance or approval of another,but rather to insist on being who you are and to never live your life imitating what others think you should be.Pretty much self explainatory when you start picking it apart lol.
The second one that caught my attention and my favorite (which ties in beautifully with the first quote,just watch and see lol) is this ' We need to find the courage to say 'NO' to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity'
To define the word authenticity for you:genuineness, purity, realness! In other words never settling to imitate something that you are not,be true to who you are first and foremost.
Be courageous enough to say 'no' to the people and things in your life that influence you to sarcrifice who you are..be courageous enough to step up and say I deserve better! I love me! Without acknowleding these 2 things on your own free will then why should anyone else?
Live a life of AUTHENTICITY,live a life of 'INSISTING ON BEING YOURSELF'
I think if we can accomplish these things then everything else will fall into place,you will find that not only you but those around you will be more 'genuine,more real'
In closing my wish for all of you that read this today is to feel and accept the authentic person you are,to never settle for less that what you deserve. :D

3 comments:

  1. so very true babe learning to let go of negative influences and just be you is a lesson most of us seem to be learning in recent days

    ReplyDelete
  2. No point in living if your being someone people want you to be. Take me as I am! Amen girl nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you do babe! I love collecting quotes like that cause no matter how many times I've read one, if I go back & read it again later on I'll get new meaning from it. I'm so glad that I was able to share some of that with yall.

    ReplyDelete