Some of you know the past year was a hard one for me and without getting into my personal life (ok atleast not this part of my personal life lol)lets just say that for a while I lived a life of denial and MUCH selfishness...glad I got over that one,phew.
Anyway I hate birthdays...like I said before (on facebook) ..its the thought of getting older and not being able to do a damn thing about it!
However my birthday this past year was one I will not soon forget...I know it was nothing extravagent,infact it was quiet and simple.
Rick and I played a game of yahtzee with the kids,he bought me an awesome watch...my stepdaughter Tara came over and the evening was filled with chatter and positive energy,may not sound like the most glamours of days but for me it left me feeling content and happy.
After the year me and my husband have had he still manages to leave me in awe of number one his unconditional love and number two that somewhere under that tough exterior is a romantic man...
Rick is not a card person however this year he took the time not only to go to the 'hallmark' card store but to actually stand there and read through a slew of them.Finally settling on the first one he had picked out,he took it to the cashier,paid and said he felt pretty damn proud of himself lol...
This is the part that I KNOW will make you say awwwwww
He told me that the words themself were the words he has been looking for (anyone that knows him ..knows he is not a man to put his feelings out there)
The card reads as follows ...something I still proudly display almost a month later right here on our computer desk...
'Just hold my hand and you you will feel it,
listen when I whisper your name and you will hear it,
kiss me and you'll be absolutely sure,
(on the inside) that I am crazy about you and more inlove
today than I was yesterday'
I love this man with all my heart and soul...I cant believe that for a while I lost
sight of the man I fell inlove with...I am lucky to be loved and to be inlove...theres a huge difference between loving someone and being in love with them.
Im glad that after 18 years and many uphill battles that rick n I have managed to always find our way back to each other.He truley is an amazing man...yes he has his faults as do I...I cant change who he is anymore than he can change who I am ...I look forward to many more 'awwwwwwwwww' moments spent with him :D
ppppsssst go ahead u can say it again 'awwwwwwwwwwwww' lol ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



bout time you listened to someone
ReplyDeleteawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
lol thanks mary...listening isnt always something im good at but im gettin better lol
ReplyDeleteand yes you are right, it did make me say Awwwwwww..
ReplyDelete